Primarily responsible for make any kind of coffee drink and provide quality service to guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Appropriately engage & Interact with guests
- Working with the other team members to meet the needs of the guests.
- Be able to make any kind of coffee drink ( espresso, cappuccino, latte, decaf espresso ).
- Set up & break down of coffee station
- Maintain and clean coffee station.
- Performs daily shift side work.
- Committed to quality
- Follow all procedures and policies of the company.
- Cleans and stocks coffee station throughout service.
- Adheres to organization standards for guest service.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Place clean items in proper storage area.
- Follow cleaning schedule as designated by the Café Chef Manager, maintaining highest quality of areas at all times.
- Report to work in proper uniform as outlined in the Company’s Dress Code Policy.
- Performs closing procedures as assigned by manager.
- Perform other relevant duties as required
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Completion of City of Chicago Food Handler’s Certificate preferred, or ability to complete the certification within 90 days after date of hire.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exceed ExpectationsNurture RelationshipsHonor and Respect all PeopleAspire to GreatnessNourish and InspireCommunicate and Share FeedbackEnrich our CommunityLearn and LeadInnovate and CreateFoster Teamwork
- Ability to demonstrate strong affinity for Blue Plate’s Core Values:
- Ability to follow instructions with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Reliable and punctual attendance.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. Constant standing throughout the shift is required.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
- Noise level is moderate to loud.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts