At Camp For All, we continue to reshape and transform the world for our campers with special needs and challenging illnesses by proving the impossible is possible! We pride ourselves in developing and implementing program activities that any individual can participate in to ensure each camper is given an equal opportunity. Program Instructors have a drive to carry out the Camp For All mission by encouraging campers to try new things, think outside of the box, and offer them a sense of freedom. If you find inspiration in facilitating intentional programming and creating memorable experiences for our campers and their families, this will be a great fit for you! The Fall 2023 season begins with an in-depth training to equip instructors to facilitate traditional camp activities in an inclusive, barrier-free way. Activities include climbing, zip line, giant swing, horseback riding, barnyard/nature, target sports, photography, epic evening programs and aquatics. The typical work week for instructors runs from Wednesday to Sunday, and the 2023 Fall Season will run from September 1st through November 19th.
List of Essential Duties
• Participates in staff orientation and training for Camp For All programs
• Obtains optional program certifications, including, but not limited to life guarding, challenge course, etc.
• Obtains required First Aid & CPR training
• Exhibits the ability to manage an assigned program activity, including planning and adapting the activity to the camper’s special needs
• Work with Program Supervisors to maintain and upkeep program activity areas.
• Demonstrates the desire to learn, understand and adapt to the needs of the individual camper
• Follows all safety standards set by Camp For All in accordance with Texas Department of Health and American Camping Association
• Immediately corrects any safety infractions and/or reports such to supervisor
• Displays the ability and desire to work as a “team” with other members of the the program department as well as other Camp For All staff
• Manages free time in a responsible manner so as to be fully prepared for each User Group
• Follows a variety of instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules
• Maintains flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed
The Program Instructor reports directly to the Program Manager.
This is a seasonal, exempt position. Pay is $375 per week worked. Shared housing is provided and maintained by Camp For All. Meals are included when groups are on site.
• High School diploma (or equivalent)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Experience in leadership and/or volunteer roles
• Desire to work with the special needs population