At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Compliance Care Representative is responsible for interfacing with consumers to help resolve questions pertaining to the individual’s background report.
- Manage daily client and consumer interaction relative to compliance-related questions.
- Manage 25-40 consumer interactions a day via telephone and/or email.
- Communicate with candidates in a professional manner while opening cases to investigate their claims.
- Handle complex consumer concerns including but not limited to de-escalating concerned candidates and locating and identifying discrepancies on background reports.
- Support the compliance function that handles FCRA disputes, adjudications, and monitors federal and state compliance for the industries we serve (i.e. staffing, healthcare, non-profit).
- Support Strategic Account Managers and other departments with answering compliance related issues
- Assist the Director of Compliance in implementing and enforcing all policies, procedures, and activities required for Asurint to operate in accordance with the laws that govern the above named industries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience, preferably in a related industry.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and with good judgment.
- Calm, professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to multi-task while staying organized and detailed in a deadline driven environment.
- Completion of industry FCRA certifications post-hire.
- Research or investigative experience in a regulatory/compliance-driven environment.
- Knowledge of legal system (courts) or background screening experience.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com & Salesforce.com workflow.
- Experience with heavy call volume environment.
- Working knowledge in FCRA, DPPA, and GLB.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.