Your main duty as a line cook will be to prepare food before and after cooking with regards to the standards and recipes of Crux. You will need to make sure that everything is in order – from the prepping of food up to the clean up after cooking. Full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions available.
Why work at Crux?
Become a champion of craft culture by joining a fun team environment at one of the busiest breweries in all of Central Oregon. Not only will you earn a competitive wage, but you will also receive tips based on food sales. Plus...
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS (Performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food items, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking.
• Complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service
• Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations, and assist others in closing the kitchen.
• Prepare daily entrees/items, featuring daily changing menus approved by the Lead Chefs and Executive Chef.
• Produce delicious, eye-appealing and nutritious food with assistance of station staff. Maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, and presentable cleanliness for your station, work area, and equipment used for preparation, including walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
• Assist in set-up and break down of station. Adhere to the General Job Duties and Kitchen Rules, the Department of Agriculture’s regulations, and the Culinary Teams standards and expectations of food quality, freshness, and presentation.
• Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods.
• Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery.
• Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product.
• Communicate with the Front of the House honestly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
• Meet all timelines for preparation.
• Passion – for the craft industry
• Enthusiastic, Energetic & Self-Motivated
• Organized – with excellent time management skills
• Team Player – with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Interpersonal Skills – ability to actively listen and cooperatively solve problems, relates well to others
• Good knowledge of principles of quantity food preparation, portion control and meal service
• Ability to follow menus and to adjust recipes to apply to quantity cooking
• Good knowledge of proper methods of handling and storing food
• Basic knowledge of most food allergies and what they entail
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Accuracy and speed in execution
• Knows and complies with restaurant best practices and procedures
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Some experience as a cook performing quantity cooking, preferably with a Brewery-restaurant is a plus
• Food handlers card
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Drug Free
• Reliable transportation for work
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
• Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
• While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
• Must be able to work in hot, cold, and wet environments
• Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to drive vehicles with either a manual and / or automatic transmission
• Must be able to use a ladder, i.e., work at heights of 10+’ above grade