SynTerra is looking for an Industrial Hygiene Environmental Technician that can offer our clients their expertise. You should have 0-3 years’ experience with projects related to asbestos, lead-based paint, microbial assessments, indoor air quality, and other industrial hygiene projects. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals and requires the ability to travel to remote project sites.
Duties will include:
• Assisting staff with identification and collection of building materials
• Air monitoring
• Project estimating and report preparation
• Coordinate and work on specialized environmental projects and environmental site assessments (Phase I and II ESAs), environmental compliance and monitoring programs, and regulatory approval compliance for industrial facilities
• Required to pass medical exam and wear a negative pressure respirator
• Required to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and at heights
Opportunities will also be available to cross-train with our compliance engineering and assessment and remediation groups. Opportunities may include: storm water compliance, soil and groundwater sampling, and drilling and monitoring well construction oversight.
• Undergraduate degree in industrial hygiene, environmental science or related studies preferred
• 0-3 years of experience
• 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained preferred but not required
• Basic understanding of building construction/mechanical systems
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Spanish speaking skills are a plus
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite applications
• Commitment to details, deadlines, and budgets with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
• Willingness to travel locally, regionally and overnight as needed
• Occasional night, weekend, holiday, and extended shifts beyond 8 hours
More Than a Job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague that would be a perfect fit for this role – Be sure to send them this link to apply!