SynTerra is looking for a qualified Industrial Hygienist / NC Accredited Air Monitor that can offer our clients their expertise. You should have 2-4 years’ experience with projects related to asbestos, lead-based paint, microbial assessments, indoor air quality, and other industrial hygiene projects. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. The position requires the ability to work in an outdoor environment and to travel.
• Assisting staff with identification and collection of building materials,
• Air monitoring
• Project estimating and report preparation
• Willingness to travel locally, regionally and overnight as needed
• Required to pass medical exam and wear a negative pressure respirator
Opportunities will also be available to cross-train with our compliance engineering and assessment and remediation groups. Opportunities may include: storm water compliance, soil and groundwater sampling, and drilling and monitoring well construction oversight.
• Bachelor’s degree in in industrial hygiene, environmental science or related studies
• NC asbestos accreditation for air monitoring. Asbestos inspector accreditation a plus
• 2-4 years of relevant experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained preferred but not required
• Basic understanding of building construction, mechanical and HVAC systems, demolition and renovation
• Spanish speaking skills are a plus
• Commitment to details, deadlines, and budgets with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
• Required to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and at heights
• Willingness to work occasional nights, weekends, and extended shifts beyond 8 hours.
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague that would be a perfect fit for this role – Be sure to send them this link to apply!