Are you PASSIONATE about RETAIL products and consumer trends? Have you ever wished to have the opportunity to ideate and create innovative Beauty, Home and Pet products? Do you go into stores and think to yourself “if only I was part of a team that would listen to my ideas and collaborate to bring products to market”. If you are up to the challenge to take on the responsibility for the conceptualization, development and evaluation of innovative, high quality beauty products then keep reading and consider applying.
Kira Labs, Inc. is a dynamic, award winning company already working with some of the largest and innovative retailers. We owe our success to innovation, collaboration and execution. Kira Labs is on the search for a New Product Development Coordinator who is highly creative, analytical, know what's trending, and able to manage multiple NPD projects concurrently. You as the NPD Coordinator will need to be well organized, and possess the innate ability to be agile in an ever-changing environment. The NPD Coordinator will be responsible for the conceptualization, development and evaluation of innovative, high quality beauty products that follow current trends and generate new opportunities for brand growth.
Your primary responsibilities as the NPD Coordinator will include:
- Plan and develop strategic new product concepts through the analysis of sales data, market research, and customer insights
- Work collaboratively with sales and creative teams on the creation of new product briefs, design direction and project timelines
- Strategize and align the development of new products with category refreshes and customer seasonal requirements
- Liaise with content writers for product claims, ingredients stories, and benefit summaries as well as take active part in proofing and editing all collateral
- Work with R&D on the development of new product formulas and creation of lab briefs
- Collaborate with Purchasing Team to guide sourcing of new packaging options and projects
- Assist in the preparation of presentation collateral for customer meetings and tradeshows
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day to day management and optimization of the NPD process
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the beauty industry trends and competitive environment in retail and digital marketplaces
Your education and/or your experience and qualifications will include:
- A Minimum Education of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as marketing or business
- Experience in the retail beauty industry is preferred.
Your knowledge, skills and abilities will be:
- Highly organized and results driven with the ability to handle competing priorities
- Has a strong sense of collaboration, urgency, creativity and is results driven
- Ability to analyze sales data and identify areas for growth/opportunity for development
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Excellent Powerpoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well independently and must be an excellent team player to nurture relationships with cross functional team members (incl. Project Management, R&D, Design, Quality, Supply chain & Purchasing)
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Experience or background in the beauty industry, formulation, packaging and/or product marketing is a plus
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with can-do attitude
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To keep our employees safe we complete temperature checks, provide new masks daily, provide hand sanitizer, gloves and practice physical distancing.