At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Controller is responsible for all company accounting functions.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently; knows and understands organization’s financial position.
- Manages vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations and holds them accountable.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the accounting functions of the organization including the maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Establishes accounting strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
- Directs and plans the annual audit with outside CPA firm..
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances and developing improvements.
- Responsible for banking relationships, including daily activity, required reporting, and monitoring financial covenants.
- Assures legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitors compliance with laws and regulations. Maintains all corporate insurance contacts and responsible for ensuring coverage meets corporate requirements.
- Reviews and approves tax returns and financial reporting documents.
- Prepares and presents financial reports at executive board meetings.
- Oversees the accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable functions.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits
- Other duties as required.
- Experience leading at the division or business unit level is preferred.
- Experience leading at the corporate level of a national, multi-site company is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing board members is required.
- Experience with corporate governance is required.
- Experience building consensus and relationships among business partners, executives, managers, and staff is required.
- Experience with financials and financial analysis [profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting] is required.
- Experience in a senior financial management leadership position [e.g., CFO, Director, or Controller] is required.
- Experience with all aspects of corporate finance and accounting, including profit and loss reports, balance sheet and cash flow management, internal auditing, general finance, forecasting, and budgeting is required.
- Experience in the B2B software industry is required.
- Experience with corporate governance is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Certified Public Accountant [CPA] is required. Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 15 or more years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 10 to 15 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.