The Senior Real Estate Accountant will support Brinkman in all aspects of accounting, finance and operations as it relates to the Accounting team of Brinkman. This is a dynamic, highly collaborative position with opportunity for advancement and leadership. This position will be the right-hand person to the Director of Finance and Accounting and will provide support for Brinkman from an accounting, finance and financial reporting perspective. We are seeking a passionate accountant, with an all-in attitude, who has technical accounting skills, tax knowledge and interpersonal skills to grow within the company. Excellent communication and attention to detail required. Adaptable to change and seeks to document and improve cross functional hand offs and processes. Ability to work well under pressure. Experience in tax, real estate development or property management accounting preferred. Experience with Yardi software ideal. This position has a flexible remote work policy with a preference of the candidate being located within the Colorado Front Range.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and present financial statements for a portfolio of properties.
• Responsible forecast and KPI dashboard projections for the Real Estate Services operating entities.
• Review income statement for budget variances, research the cause of the variance and provide analysis.
• Participate in coordinating distributions and waterfall analysis for acquisitions and dispositions.
• Lead the tax return preparation process and work with 3rd party CPA tax preparers.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
• Record general ledger entries including month-end related adjustments and accruals.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations
• Responsible for communicating meticulous and timely service oriented financial reporting with owners and investors including monthly financial statements and quarterly reporting.
• Create, document and communicate systemic processes and internal controls to improve efficiencies and minimize risk.
• Participates in strategic initiatives to help support organizational culture through optimizing technology and fostering an environment of innovation and adaptability.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required.
• MBA or CPA a plus, but not required.
• Experienced Accountant with 3-5 years of experience.
• Effective relationship building skills and ability to demonstrate a positive sphere of influence.
• Experience in beneficial tax ideas and concepts as it relates to real estate.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and focus on using technology to improve processes.
• Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects with high quality results.
• Must have a passion for optimizing technology to improve efficiencies and automation.
• Ability to thrive in a growing entrepreneurial company.
• Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and special projects.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Must be deadline driven, understand priorities and proactively communicate financial and operational concerns and results to key team members.
Brinkman is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision making for future success.