Connect for Health Colorado is the state-based health insurance marketplace and support network that allows individuals, families and small employers to compare and purchase health plans from companies including the major health plans in the state in a convenient way. We provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person, as well as access to federal financial assistance to reduce the cost of health insurance. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado.
The Production Support Analyst works under the direction of the Quality Implementation Manager. The role will act as a subject matter expert in the escalated support of Connect for Health Colorado’s applications. This role will execute root cause analysis on identified and reported issues related to our software and systems. This role will also work with other members of the Production Support and Product Development teams to develop and implement solutions based on the results of root cause analysis. This includes the assisting in the testing and validation of deployed solutions.
The role is a very collaborative one as it will require interaction with cross-functional teams within IT around activities related to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction. Additionally, this role is expected to mentor less experienced team members in their understanding of Connect for Health Colorado’s Technology environment.
- Acts as subject matter expert in supporting and troubleshooting Connect for Health
- Colorado’s Technology environment
- Identifies, researches, diagnoses production problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, integrations, and content
- Applies a methodical and thoughtful approach to solving issues by collaborating with departments outside of IT (e.g. operations), IT, and Connect for Health Colorado’s vendors.
- Works closely with Service Center and other support teams to ensure appropriate documentation is available as it relates to new initiatives or enhancement releases of existing technologies
- Partners with Product Development and other teams within IT to provide support, guidance and knowledge where needed
- Configures and recommends configuration changes to improve system stability and performance
- Works with all teams within IT to implement changes in various systems
- Seeks continuous education to understand technologies and troubleshooting approaches
- Provides hands-on installation and support for deployed solutions
- Point of technical escalation to support to root cause ongoing issues within Connect for
- Health Colorado’s systems and software
- Assists with IT projects as needed
- Ensures adherence to, and maturity of fundamental operations processes such as Incident and Problem Management
- Submits detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Identifies and escalates business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Actively and independently acquires and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs
- Performs both back end system and front-end UI triage and troubleshooting when identifying defects
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and/or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of demonstrated proficiency working with troubleshooting and support of end users.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a distributed team-oriented environment
- Experience with SDLC tools (Examples: JIRA, Zephyr, Trello).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and a passion for helping others
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Able to work independently without day to day direction.
- Team oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and project management team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of our system and highly sensitive information.
- Knowledge of health insurance industry preferred.
- Information Technology background/education preferred.
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
- Temporarily Remote Due to COVID-19
- Typical office setting; the Connect for Health Colorado office is near the intersection of Interstate 25 and 225, with easy access to major roads and public transportation including light rail. Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evenings
- Full time position
- On-site during office hours, typically 8am-5pm
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.