Connect for Health Colorado has an exciting opportunity for an HR Coordinator. This position is a key role in Connect for Health Colorado’s dynamic Human Resources Department. In this role you will use your experience focused on administrative support and blend that with responsibilities directly impacting HR Operational outcomes. Attention to detail with opportunities to work in recruiting, benefits, payroll and HR organizational culture make this a great venture into the HR world.
Connect for Health Colorado is a health insurance marketplace and support network for individuals, families, and small employers in Colorado. We provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person and exclusive access to federal financial assistance, based on income, to reduce the cost of health insurance. We are a non-profit entity established by a 2011 state law and our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for Human Resources related duties that support Human Resources initiatives, organizational strategy, overall business outcomes, policies and processes. Coordination duties will include HR records management, full cycle recruitment, and benefits administration and interfacing with payroll.
• Responsible for the on/off boarding processes for new hires, which includes conducting new employee orientation, exit interviews and reporting.
• Assists in tracking, identifying, and creating opportunities to increase attraction, retention and employee morale throughout the company.
• Responsible for full cycle recruiting activities including advertising, staff selection support, and background checks.
• Manages and develops vendor and community relationships, participates in recruitment outreach activities to strengthen the candidate pipeline.
• Ensures all hiring processes are in compliance with federal/state/local laws.
• Supports the administration leave programs & benefits including FMLA, ADA and STD.
• Manages accurate workers compensation records, participates in the administration return-to-work programs and acts as liaison with employees, designated providers and work comp insurance company.
• Functions as Payroll support to ensure data accuracy for payroll and timely and accurate processing of payroll.
• Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and related documents and reports as needed.
• Assists with planning and organizing company-wide events and activities.
• Ensures the accuracy of records and that recordkeeping requirements are met per record retention guidelines.
• Develop and maintain positive customer relations by ensuring that all verbal, telephone and written inquiries and requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Maintains current working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws.
• Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
• Oversees HR Compliance, Payroll and HR Calendar and is responsible for HR communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
Management or related discipline. PHR or SPHR preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of direct human resource experience with responsibilities in recruiting, payroll, and HR administration.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
• Competent in payroll coordination, as well as policy and procedure interpretation.
• Minimum one year of direct recruiting experience. Full cycle recruiting preferred, with a strength in both social media and nontraditional recruiting efforts.
• Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws along with practical application
• Must have experience in administering FMLA, workers compensation management, and unemployment.
• Proven project management skills, strong organizational skills and strong ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
• Intermediate knowledge of HR and Payroll systems, preferably Paylocity.
• Proficient skills with Microsoft office suite.
• Must function well as an independent contributor as well as team member.
• Typical office setting: the Connect for Health Colorado office is in the Denver Tech Center area, near the intersection of I225 and I25.
• Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• On-site during office hours, typically 8am-5pm
• Travel is infrequent and only in Colorado, but may occasionally be required, mostly day trips along the Front Range (mileage reimbursement available)
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short and long term disability and life insurance.
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.