PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking two (2) full-time RN's to work hands-on, providing direct patient care, triage, and education.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides general health education and direct nursing care for patients and their families, and participates in community outreach events and alternative off site locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicates and works in partnership daily with health care team and PTHA personnel on patients’ status and provision of health care and education.
- Carries out preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures, including triage and assessment of patients of all ages, and administers medications, treatments and IV starts, as ordered or directed and completes documentation by end of day.
- Responds to telephone, email and in-clinic triage addressing patients’ issues within two business days.
- On a weekly basis, performs intensive medical care management on high-risk patient findings (abnormal results) and reports outcomes /findings to provider within two business days.
- Plans and coordinates health education programs/activities that will educate the community on health related topics and fosters community involvement in achieving health-related goals as directed.
- Maintains knowledge of current diabetes trends in care, management, medications, teaching techniques and important aspects of diabetes care.
- Collaborates with other health care members to develop and organize clinic wide diabetes services including diabetes group physician visits.
TOBACCO CESSATION SPECIALTY:
- Maintains tobacco certification and stays current on best practices related to tobacco prevention, control and treatment.
- Performs initial assessment of patients according to program protocol within one (1) week of patient referral.
- Accurately enters patient data monthly to ensure program reports are correct.