The purpose of this position is to maximize driver and tractor utilization within the load planning region. Work with CSR’s daily to forecast load needs in advance and secure driver and Hill friendly freight on the books. Efficiently and effectively plan loads to ensure on-time optimal customer service in order to achieve optimal utilization with an emphasis on customer and driver service.
- Coordinate and manage load volumes, load assignments and freight flows in a defined geographic area to achieve optimum utilization, efficiently improve on-time customer service and satisfaction
- Increase pre-planning percentage, effectively plan and utilize team work amongst other load planners, customer service and driver managers to get drivers home on time, increase freight volume and more
- Monitor the “big picture” and make efficient and effective decisions about loads to book, loads to pass on to the logistics department and which loads to assign to which truck(s)
- Monitor and manage/maintain accurate trailer pools – meeting customer needs while meeting and utilizing asset equipment in an efficient and profitable manner. Trailers should not be sitting longer than 3 days to maximize the efficiency and use of our assets at any location
- Work with the CSR on billing applicable trailer/storage detention for equipment that is not being unloaded in a set time frame