The Security Coordinator is responsible for contributing to a high level of customer satisfaction by scheduling the necessary resources, labor and materials to complete an assigned project and/or service request within the terms of the appropriate contract. Works in a team environment and in conjunction with customers, sales team members, subcontractors/ technicians, security system engineer, and equipment vendors to insure that the scope of work is clearly defined, the assigned sub/tech has the correct skill set for the project or service request, and the correct material is ordered and delivered to the site.
Duties and responsibilities
• Understand the scope work requested by customers and then schedule field technicians for assigned work.
• Provide timely status updates to customers.
• Work with team and client to align on backlogs, daily plans, escalations, expectations and issues needing attention.
• Gather deliverables.
• Document installation notes and job progress.
• Verifying technician check in and check out.
• Participate in team calls with updates.
• Strive to understand budgets and contracts in place with assigned customers.
• Close out work orders and prepare for billing.
• Obtain vendor invoices in a timely manner.
• Meet metrics related to margin, start times, project deadlines and invoicing deadlines.
• Develop strong business relationships with customers and field technicians.
• Work with customer’s internal software system as applicable.
• Assist in creating documents for bids.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ years of customer service Preferred Qualifications
• Strong computer keyboarding skills; the ability to type while speaking on the telephone
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
• Video Surveillance, Card Access, Intrusion, Intercom, and locking hardware knowledge
• CRM System experience
• Documentation creation experience
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
• Physical security system project or service experience preferred.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Must have ability to think outside of the box.
• Possess a strong drive for success.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Flexible and able to embrace change.
• Strong phone skills/communication – will spend a considerable time on the phone.