Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
Crain’s Chicago Business listed Mueller as the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago area. Additionally, we have been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the US with a ranking of 147th largest by Inside Public Accounting. We also have earned the distinction of one of the “Best Places to Work in Illinois” 2011 - 2020.
Service Advisors (SA) are employees who independently service and grow existing client relationships under the guidance and direction of Lead Advisors.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To coordinate and share meeting prep responsibilities and client related activities with the Assistant team. Meeting Workflows/Checklists should be utilized, and the Service Advisor has primary responsibility for the Lead Advisor and/or him/herself being prepared for client meetings.
- Responsible for the execution of the Lead Advisor’s planning, analysis, investment and other decisions that affect the client relationship
- Consults with Lead Advisors on complex decisions and strategic changes to a client’s financial plan or investment strategy
- Work with existing clients in building their portfolios by assessing their investment objectives, risk tolerance, time horizon and unique circumstances
- Conduct periodic reviews with clients to provide updates on current planning, portfolio and investment strategies
- Manage and retain key clients
- Specific work activity may include but is not limited to:
- Investment research
- Preparing and updating financial plans
- Preparing and presenting insurance cases
- Developing asset allocation/investment strategies
- Rebalancing portfolios (trades)
- Cash flow management
- Advising clients on appropriate financial products/solutions given their risk tolerance and overall plan (based on the advisor’s level of experience and expertise)
- Grow existing client relationships by adding more assets under management, identifying opportunities for additional services and identifying referral opportunities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Highly developed client service skills and excellent communication skills
- Communication style that will create trust with clients and team members along with the ability to translate complex ideas into simple and understandable language
- Self-motivated and the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Marketing and client acquisition experience
- Strong personal identification with Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others.
Physical Demands: Office Environment:
- Standard office environment
- This position may require some local travel to client sites
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including a generous 401(k) match, 5 healthcare plans to choose from, dental, vision, commuter benefits, generous vacation, and much more. Salary based on experience. EOE.