Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
Crain’s Chicago Business listed Mueller as the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago area. Additionally, we have been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the US with a ranking of 147th largest by Inside Public Accounting. We also have earned the distinction of one of the “Best Places to Work in Illinois” 2011 - 2020.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including planning, risk assessment, team management, and delivery of exceptional client service.
- Perform primary research on technical accounting topics in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the United Sates.
- Identify, oversee and implement new authoritative accounting pronouncements.
- Prepare technical accounting analysis, related to, but not limited to:
- ASC 606 – revenue recognition and contract review
- ASC 842 – lease accounting
- Equity method investments
- Purchase Accounting
- Stock based compensation
- Derivative accounting and hedging
- Other areas, as necessary
- Provide technical guidance on unique transactions including acquisitions, divestures (discontinued operations), spin-offs, cost and equity method investments, restructuring charges and debt offerings.
- Review financial statements and footnotes for compliance with US GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Implement new policies or update current policies based upon changes in accounting standards.
- Lead and manage other special accounting projects, as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA 7-10 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS, SEC reporting and IFRS
- Excellent team and project management skills
- Strong personal identification with Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others.
- Typical office setting. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Travel required as needed.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including a generous 401(k) match, 5 healthcare plans to choose from, dental, vision, commuter benefits, generous vacation, and much more. Salary based on experience. EOE.