NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We seek a special acrobat to join our Washington DC office as a production graphic designer. The ideal candidate is meticulous and has a keen eye for the smallest details. They are skilled listeners who are able to execute a concept, and streamline design. They’re as passionate about creativity as they are about process, and answering the call to creative challenges.
They are a team player, deeming no task too small, or too large. They’re interested in connecting with international creatives, and fostering a creative culture around them. They know how to collaborate, and not get too precious with designs: always seeking to kill their darlings and improve.
- Keen Eye – you have natural design instincts, astute aesthetics, and know how to give every design project a gut check.
- Cross-Form Applications – the ideal candidate doesn’t play favorites on Adobe. They’re adept at Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop. They know a thing or two about keynote, google slides, and powerpoint. Bonus: you’ve worked in sketch or XD.
- Design-Thinking – you know design goes beyond the pretty, and get a thrill out of applying strategic creative thinking.
- Growth Mental Model –you’re excited to be mentored by others around you. You see challenges as opportunities.
- Time Management--we know that nothing is ever ‘done’. The proven ability to manage your time sensibly and proportionately with project priorities is critical.
- Communication – our operational style emphasizes flexibility and encourages autonomy. As a result, uncommonly good common sense, and exceptional communication skills are absolutely indispensable for every team member.
- Organization – in addition to natural design instinct, we’re looking for someone who is super organized: you live and breathe for paragraph styles, and grids. You get satisfaction from making documents pixel perfect.
- Hidden Talents – we’re always on the look-out for those whose skills bridge the disciplines. Whether it be IT/networking experience, or augmented reality, we’re always looking for ways to push our work and processes into new territories.
- An amazing portfolio
- 1+ years of design/production experience (agency experience a plus)
- Mastery of the English language (written and spoken).
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area ideally, but will consider highly qualified candidates located in other area of the U.S. able to maintain EST hours.
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas and the occasional dog.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (preferred)
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.