The Implementation Coordinator will undertake a variety of administrative, operational and program management tasks to ensure initiatives and partnerships that are designed to remove barriers to employment are implemented with fidelity within the Detroit at Work Career Centers. The Implementation Coordinator will develop new partnerships and maintain relationships, implement new or improved referral processes, support automation efforts, review outcomes to improve services and support overall efforts on systems alignment. This role reports to the Director of Systems Alignment and Policy, a key member of the MWDB staff team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about mission-driven work, be able to manage multiple priorities or initiatives, and be a highly independent and self-motivated team player. The Coordinator needs to exercise strong judgment in responding to questions, troubleshooting problems, and flagging issues for other team members and leadership as needed. The Coordinator will need to successfully build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including Detroit at Work staff, contracted providers, and other partner organizations. This is a temporary position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop processes to efficiently deploy programs or referrals to partner organizations;
• Identify new partnership opportunities;
• Identify and create capacity building or training activities specific to new partnerships to help Career Center staff utilize resources;
• Assists in the development and maintenance of relationships with partner organizations;
• Conducts regular outreach to and manages communications to partners, including managing partner convenings;
• Work in close collaboration with members of the Career Center management team and the Manager, Human Centered Service Delivery;
• Support efforts as directed to implement human-centered service delivery into the Career Centers, specifically around referrals and partnerships;
• Assess and identify solutions for improving efficiency and standardized processes within and across our Centers;
• Participate in the development of electronic tools and processes to support systems alignment efforts;
• Research best practices within partnership development, collaboration and referral processes within the workforce space;
• Support the development and deployment of Essential Skills curriculum within our Career Centers and integration within our online job seeker portal;
• Serves as a support in managing the One Stop Operator contract and aligning to overall workforce priorities;
• Manage, where appropriate, the process of creating memorandums of understanding (MOUs) with partner organizations and agencies;
• Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, investigate trends, recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness. Work with the Data Team to identify and deploy technology that improves this program effectiveness.
• Prepare required and supplemental programmatic reports for funders.
• Coordinate special events (i.e. trainings/meetings), create and distribute invitations, distribute resources, attend events to lend support, coordinate technical equipment, and assemble presentation / information.
• Organize and manage project specific tasks and activities.
• Compose and prepare correspondence involving interpretation of policies, procedures, contract, and agreements.
• Prepare reports and analysis setting forth progress and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Other projects as assigned by the Director, Systems Alignment and Policy.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Suite environment. Must include Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF;
• Demonstrate ability to support cross-functional teams;
• Must be able to conduct research on a wide variety of data sources;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities or initiatives;
• Independent and self-motivated team player;
• Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion;
• Ability to represent Detroit at Work in a professional manner;
• Strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and accuracy;
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, take appropriate initiative and work independently;
• Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
• Must be able to maintain strict ethical legal adherence and confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of relevant profession experience and a Bachelor’s degree in related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, lived expertise and professional work experience. Relevant experience may include previous role in workforce development, human services, education or other fields that involve similar work. Must demonstrate exceptional communication and relationship building skills and possess strong project management experience and skills. Ideal candidate will have experience convening and moderating meetings.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required