The Summer Program Staff member holds the primary responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of activities and programs. He/she is expected to help create and maintain a professional environment where the Camp For All mission is carried out through high quality programs.
List of Essential Duties
• Participates in staff orientation and training for Camp For All programs
• Obtains optional program certifications, including, but not limited to life guarding, challenge course, etc.
• Obtains required CPR training
• Exhibits the ability to manage an assigned program activity, including planning and adapting the activity to the camper’s special needs
• Work with Program Supervisors to maintain and upkeep program activity areas.
• Demonstrates the desire to learn, understand and adapt to the needs of the individual camper
• Follows all safety standards set by Camp For All and the Assistant Camp Director in accordance with Texas Department of Health and American Camping Association
• Immediately corrects any safety infractions and/or reports such to supervisor
• Displays the ability and desire to work as a “team” with the program management team as well as other program staff
• Manages free time in a responsible manner so as to be fully prepared for each User Group
• Follows a variety of instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules
• Maintains flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed
The Summer Program Staff member reports directly to the Assistant Camp Director.
• High School diploma (or equivalent)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Experience in leadership and/or volunteer roles
• Desire to work with the special needs population