Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through 4 generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. Whether you are looking for olive oil, vegetable oil or a specific blend or specialty oil you want a supplier that is known for their quality products, reliability and excellent service, which is precisely how we have built our strong reputation. We currently have an opening for a Facilities Utility Mechanic. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with good mechanical knowledge enjoys working on a variety of different projects in the maintenance field.
This Position has overall responsibility of the maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Performs general maintenance to building, grounds, GMP deficiency repairs, lubrications and assists other mechanics when needed. May may minor repairs to HVAC system.
2. Liaison for all building maintenance related items, i.e. snow removal, landscaping, etc.
3. Works with outside contractors and vendors for project work activities.
4. Creates purchase orders for the acquisition of assigned maintenance and building materials.
5. Researches and negotiates with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
6. Ensures incoming deliveries are accurate and stocks supply room with new materials.
7. Conducts routine inventory of material ensuring accurate information is maintained in inventory system and reorders material if necessary.
8. Monitors all backorders and communicates information to Maintenance Mgr.
9. Assists with inventory reporting
10. Responsible for cross referencing all work orders for cycle counting and accountability of spare inventory using inventory platform.
11. Responsible for the organization and storage of all parts, items, and components
12. Adheres to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
13. All other duties assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trade /Technical School
Good Mechanical and troubleshooting skills
Knowledge of electrical components
Basic Computer Skills
HVAC experience a plus
Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, and GMP's in a food manufacturing environment helpful
Occasional weekend or after hours work
Physical Requirements- Lifting up to 60lbs, must be able to stand for long periods of time
Exposure to hot and cold temperatures and outside work.