Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
Crain’s Chicago Business listed Mueller as the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago area. Additionally, we have been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the US with a ranking of 147th largest by Inside Public Accounting. We also have earned the distinction of one of the “Best Places to Work in Illinois” 2011 - 2020.
We are currently seeking an Estate and Trust Manager and/or Director to join our growing firm's Tax Department.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, tax, or law. MST, LLM, or JD, preferred.
• An active CPA license.
• 5 – 10 years of relevant tax experience including knowledge of taxation codes and regulations.
• Expert knowledge of estate, gift, and trust tax returns, and trust accounting.
• Ability to supervise in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Experience with ProSystem tax software, a plus.
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefit packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefit packages that include the following:
• Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
• Flexible work arrangements
• Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
• Dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Company sponsored life insurance
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
• Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
Mueller is an Equal Opportunity Employer