Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
Crain’s Chicago Business listed Mueller as the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago area. Additionally, we have been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the US with a ranking of 147th largest by Inside Public Accounting. We also have earned the distinction of one of the “Best Places to Work in Illinois” 2011 - 2020.
The Tax Manager is responsible for organizing, applying tax laws and coordinating clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual and fiduciary tax returns. Responsibilities will include tax research, planning and consulting with clients. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for interfacing with the Audit, Accounting Services and Tax Department professionals in regards to project management, time management, general direction and guidance.
• Ability to provide detailed business recommendations to corporate, pass through, multi-state and international clients through in person meetings with the client and written communication.
• Ability to retain a detailed knowledge regarding preparation and review of complicated tax provisions and provide counsel and recommendations on the tax implications.
• Ability to monitor and apply tax related legislation and IRS pronouncements.
• Ability to maintain an expert knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning.
• Works on complex technical issues while communicating in a non-technical manner; facilitates communication between the client and service team, delegates work on a consistent basis.
• Recognizes client issues, risk tolerance, and provides appropriate guidance.
• Ability to implement a marketing and sales plan for new tax clients, including travel outside the office, networking events, etc.
• Is a key trusted advisor and acts as a forward-thinking change agent. Helps client see direction of industry trends and how to evolve business.
• Actively participates in the firm’s sales by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio and new clients for the firm.
• Acts as a manager of engagements.
• Actively supports and aids in the development of firm policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Trains firm employees on specialized knowledge area or industry expertise.
• Assists in developing staff.
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefit packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefit packages that include the following:
Opportunities For Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.