Animal Health Account Specialist is responsible for fulfilling sales and distribution management
responsibilities for Sterilex’s Animal Health market vertical.
Develop and grow Animal Health segment sales:
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex’s animal health market segments.
- Manage sales targets and generate sales plans to meet or exceed targets, and work with leadership to develop growth strategy for the poultry, swine, and dairy market.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key animal health customer account personnel.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with customers, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the show.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and product training for end users. Communicate product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Complete all sales and service reports accurately and on time to management and customers to ensure proper timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Work with key corporate accounts in the swine and poultry industries.
- Document all opportunities and sales contacts in company CRM system.
- Perform sales forecasting and customer relationship management.
- Contribute to company marketing efforts as assigned by management.
- Proactively network with key industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
Channel partner management:
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Contribute to establishment of a standardized distributor training program. Ensure that all new distributors are properly trained.
- Establish metrics to track distributor performance and meet at least annually with distributors for “business reviews”.
- Ensure that all key distributor contacts are entered into Customer Relationship
- Management software including marketing, purchasing, and A/P contacts.
- Collaborate with Animal Health leadership and Sterilex Marketing to develop distributor support tools to facilitate training and awareness within Sterilex’s distribution partners.
Assist in development and implement comprehensive business plan for Animal Health market vertical:
- Assist in development of plans and strategies for achieving company’s sales goals in Animal Health market segment.
- Evaluate opportunities for Sterilex’s current product portfolio to offer differentiated solutions to solve unmet customer needs.
- Provide feedback for new product development (NPD) opportunities to augment product portfolio for Animal Health market segment.
- Help to set product specifications and required attributes for both current and NPD initiatives.
Industry awareness and relationship building:
- Develop strong industry relationships with KOL’s, suppliers, channel partners and customers by attending key industry meetings, and involvement in industry committees.
- Assist in completion of product evaluation/trials.
- Develop a strong understanding of regulatory drivers of innovation and collaborate with Sterilex’s regulatory team to pursue differentiated label claims
Note: this job may include additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above related to sales/revenue generation activities.