Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, Remote Project Manager/Coordinator to support our work with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access IGS systems and therein use approved IGS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Work with and bring key teams together to resolve issues, discuss strategic goals and next steps and priorities.
- Determine and schedule meetings when necessary. Create meeting agendas, attendee lists and facilitate the meetings.
- Capture and email meeting minutes that identify key discussion points, decisions and agreements, and action items.
- Maintain action items for each assigned project and track to completion.
- Work with key teams to create task plans that include task duration, milestone dates, task dependencies, resource requirements, and planned dates for initial and final deliverables.
- Complete requirement gathering, test coordination, and technical documentation tasks.
- Provide general project coordination and weekly communication to all stakeholders regarding project status, dependencies, issues, risks and task assignments.
- When necessary, create power point presentations of data processes to help project stakeholders understand the scope and details of what Dept. of VA does/does not do.
- Regularly post deliverables, minutes to project sites (SharePoint/Teams).
- Attend weekly Team Lead meeting and provide status, current issues, risks, and decisions made for assigned projects.
- Work with Director/Leadership to determine project priorities and assignments.
- When assigned, attend requirement’s meetings with other VA departments/programs.
- Identify requirements and communication regarding next steps and information required to provide LOE.
- Project Manager will be responsible for creating the following deliverables:
Project Plans to include: Purpose, Objectives, Scope, Timelines, Initial Risk & Issue Log, High level tasks and assigned resources (updated monthly)
Action Item Logs (updated weekly)
Schedules (updated weekly)
Issue/Risk/Decision Log (updated weekly)
Project Status Reports (bi-weekly/monthly)
Requirements Log (RTM)
Change Request Logs
Power Point Presentations (as needed)
End User Documents (as needed)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Coordination/Project Manager in a data warehouse, or data management environment
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the Dept. of VA
- Ability to fill many different project roles depending on the project needs while still being able to provide overall project management (i.e., Requirement Analyst, Test Coordinator, Technical Writer)
- Ability to work with multiple teams and effectively communicate project information across teams so all involved have the same understanding
- Ability to be proactive and creative when conventional project methods/approaches don’t work (i.e., not all read documents or emails, not all projects follow a well-defined process)
- Ability to work independently with little oversight and determine appropriate next steps.
- Ability to bring together many skilled team leads and create a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to help teams in any way possible.
- Ability to document, track and monitor project tasks and actions items till completed.
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Active VA Public Trust
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior, successful experience working in a remote environment
- VA or other Federal Government experience preferred
Initiate Government Solutions offers 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Life and Disability insurance (and more).
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.