Springs Rescue Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
Summary of Position:
Responsible to maintain safe, secure, and clean facilities in compliance with established standards and requirements. Provide training, supervision, and feedback to NLP residents as part of their work assignment, emphasizing character and work ethic based traits. Ensure preventative and on-going maintenance, cleaning and janitorial of SRM buildings and properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the facilities team to schedule, maintain and execute all cleaning/janitorial/custodian tasks
- Work with trainees to ensure quality of work
- Help supervise and guide trainees in Facilities department
- Completes and submits monthly reports if asked by supervisor
- Responds to emergency calls
- Supports proper training and recognition of volunteers for their partnership with Springs Rescue Mission and engages them in meaningful work that leverages volunteers as a resource
- Attends meetings and perform other related duties as requested
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a constant witness. Christ-centered and compassionate attitude in dealing with people including the homeless and faithfully upholds and exemplifies SRM’s Statement of Faith; also willing to sign SRM’s Statement of Faith.
- Serves as an advocate for the homeless and raising awareness of the needs and concern for the addicted, and those in poverty; engaging others within one’s influence of greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of this population in Colorado Springs.
- Believes that volunteers are vital to accomplishing the Vision and Mission of Springs Rescue Mission and thus is part of mobilizing the community in the fight against addiction, poverty and homelessness
- Excellent manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination
- Able to stand, bend, lift, and reach regularly daily. Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Able to physically fulfill all duties of the job
- Able to organize and prioritize work orders and standard maintenance functions
- Safety conscious with a strong knowledge of facility operation and general maintenance knowledge.
- Good supervision skills, able to train others, providing support and ensure quality service is provided while outcomes/objectives are met
- Computer literate
- Able to read, write and perform accurate mathematical computations
- Valid Colorado driver’s license required
- 2+ years of custodial experience
- Forklift trainer certification preferred
- High school Diploma
- Custodial/Janitorial trade certificates preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
Requires regular interaction with homeless, impoverished, people in recovery, and mentally ill
Exposed to dust, odors, noise and fumes - frequently
Climb stairs –frequently
Standing, climbing, bending, carrying, kneeling, walking – continuously
Good manual dexterity and fine motor skills
Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a frequent basis
Work at heights – occasionally
Phone Wide variety of hand tools, shop and power tools
Salary expectations include the following: $14.50/hour, DOE; full benefits package to accompany – to include, medical benefits with SRM paying 85% of the premiums, dental, vision, Allstate Accident Plan, SRM-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D. Also offered are 8 paid holidays, 21 days of accruable PTO, paid “Soul Care Retreat” days (up to 4 depending upon availability), and a 403b plan with SRM-match with 100% vested beginning DOH.