At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities, contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails, and presenting our Company to potential clients.
- Works with Marketing and Sales teams to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
- Qualifies leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contacts potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Presents our Company to potential clients.
- Identifies client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Builds long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Seeks new business opportunities in the market.
- Sets up meetings or calls between prospective clients and sales executives.
- Reports to management on sales results.
- Stays up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
- Other duties as required.
- Sales experience is preferred.
- Experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
- In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.