Note: This is a full-time position with benefits!
The maintenance technician position actively participates in carrying out the mission of CCHC by providing maintenance support in supportive housing. This person will provide maintenance services as a member of a team and implement the program goals based on "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies. This position will assist with general operation of the building including all aspects of property maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand, "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies and apply to specific duties.
• Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team to effectively perform duties.
• Provide maintenance, cleaning and general upkeep of the building.
• Ability to complete general maintenance and cleaning tasks.
• General working knowledge of heating and cooling, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, structural, and building safety. Ensure systems are maintained in superior operating condition.
• Complete unit turns in a timely manner.
• Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and entryways. Mow grass and keep outside of building clean and free of trash.
• Familiarity with tools and equipment necessary for custodial and maintenance services.
• Prioritize and manage maintenance projects.
• Assist in all inspections of building and building systems.
• Maintain adequate inventory of maintenance and cleaning supplies.
• Work with management in creating, maintaining and implementing an effective extermination plan.
• Develop and implement an ongoing cleaning schedule that includes floors, windows and storage areas.
• Create and modify building maintenance procedures and plans.
• Responsible for assisting in identifying and planning for long-term repairs and replacements.
• On call as needed.
• Abide by current safety regulations as defined by OSHA, Fire and Health Departments and other regulatory agencies.
This position requires a person who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as member of a team to carry out job duties. This position requires flexibility in schedule and previous building maintenance experience. Must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation and communicate through speaking, listening, and writing effectively with residents and outside agencies
• The person in this position must possess reading, writing and basic computer skills that will allow them to log information and maintain information systems
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse tenants and staff
• Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality
• Available to respond to occasional property or tenant emergencies
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
Must be able to safely navigate stairs and ladders, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
Center City Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.