The Image Permission Specialist role is an entry-level position that involves building relationships and working with various external companies on obtaining permission to license images and artwork to support our various craft curricula.
The perfect candidate for this position will possess:
- Good Communication Skills: This position will require a large amount of email and phone outreach, so being comfortable with speaking on the phone and emailing in a professional manner is a must.
- Good Critical Thinking Skills: The ability to take minimal information and do independent research to find the appropriate contact needed to acquire an image permission. The ability to find solutions to roadblocks or challenges.
- Ability to Learn Quickly and Adapt: Technology and processes may change and the ability to adjust and learn new things will be crucial.
- Highly Organized & Persistent: Keeping track of who has been contacted and when appropriately timed follow ups occur is imperative. Ability to keep track of permissions efforts between multiple simultaneous projects.
Description of Duties
1) Responsible for tracking, recording, organizing and obtaining agreements for images, videos and other intellectual property supplied by outside agencies to the NCCER production team.
2) Tracking Permissions
- Maintain link between images and their contracts
- Track age and validity of agreements
3) Evaluate books and modules for accuracy of permission forms
- Manage image permission review process
- Meet permission deadline requirements as part of the production team
4) Obtain permission from image owners via image permission contracts in a timely manner
- Make contact with image suppliers/owners
- Maintain relationships with contacts
- Represent NCCER in a positive way
5) Create final permission packages for submission to publisher, including:
- Manuscript of images/graphics
- Copies of associated contracts signed by representative of image/graphic owner
- Master record of images and associated contracts with publishing information as required by Pearson
6) Maintain accurate logging of permission related records in Digital Asset Management tool.
7) Maintain record of contacts and interactions in a Customer Relation Management tool.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and to meet production and editorial deadlines
- Must be able to work under pressure and adapt to shifting priorities and new workflows
- Dependable in attendance and performance
- Proficiency in word-processing, presentations and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Office 365 or Office Suite) required
- Proficiency with common workplace applications required (i.e., Chrome/Firefox, Skype, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat or other PDF editing tools
Preferred, but not Required
- Experience or familiarity with Digital Asset Management (DAM) software
- Experience or familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (Specifically Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience or interest in the Construction or Maintenance Industry