The Ag Container Recycling Council (ACRC) is an industry funded not-for-profit organization that safely collects and recycles agricultural crop protection, animal health and specialty pest control product containers (Jugs and Drums).
Coordinates the research, development and the approval process for potential new end uses of plastic collected through the ACRC program. Collects and communicates market intelligence regarding approved end uses and end users to program stakeholders. Establishes, communicates and audits for benchmark product quality and EHS standards in ACRC program collection and inventory processes.
- Identifies potential new plastic end uses, prioritizes subsequent research and evaluation, and facilitates to approval or rejection of such end uses.
- Coordinates approvals, renewals, audits and related documentation for approved end use markets, end users and processors and communicates to key program stakeholders internally and externally.
- Coordinates the processes used for end use assessment, including management of the Risk Assessment Model (RAM) utilization, maintenance and related end use reports. Coordinates related communications with third party consultants and ACRC technical committee.
- Investigates and collects market data, market intelligence and market trends related to approved or perspective end use markets, end users or processors within those markets and communicates to key program stakeholders.
- Supports and promotes sales & marketing efforts by contractors to approved end users and ensures proper compliance and documentation.
- Identifies marketing tools needed for plastic sales by contractors and supports related tools development.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate processes for plastic quality assurance / quality control, including audits and establishing quality standards of approved end use markets.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate processes for contractor inventory audits, insuring accurate reporting and a clear understanding of sales opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate processes for contractor EHS audits, including management of any related third-party consultants, to confirm contractors are following required federal, states and local regulations.
- Identification, audits and development of potential new contractors to support continuous improvements to ACRC program contractor network.
- Serve as primary liaison between ACRC staff and ACRC Technical Committee, providing support and coordination of Technical Committee goals and objectives with committee chair.
- Maintain ACRC contractor compliance documentation including insurance records, monthly reporting and sales records.
- Maintain accurate archives of ACRC collection statistics.
The above-mentioned responsibilities would generally be performed in both office and manufacturing or warehousing settings interfacing with contractors, end users and processors. Work tools will utilize standard computer-based programs as well as other means of effective communications. Travel is frequent (15 – 30%), required and varies related to annual project deliverables. The position can be based in a home office setting with a preference for a location in eastern or central time zones.
- No direct reports
- Leads and supervises product quality, EHS and inventory processes and / or related audits at contractor, end user and processor locations.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (BS / BA) in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Agribusiness, Business, Marketing or similar degrees from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years related supply chain, manufacturing or logistics experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience working in agriculture, waste management or recycling. A strong understanding of agriculture processes and technologies (i.e. crop protection products) in the agricultural chemical industry is also beneficial.
- Strong cross-functional experience, communications and interpersonal skills required. Must be a team oriented professional with team leadership experience.
- Analytical, problem-solving and presentation skills required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products required, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with virtual or mobile work environments is preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic and self-starter
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Technically capable with strong business acumen
- Confidence with presentation skills
- Poised and professional with external stakeholders
- Proactive communicator