Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Data Architect to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Provide data management for NCI studies that vary by size and study design; include diverse data variables; include data from diverse sources; and involve data exchange with multiple collaborators/repositories
- Provide data management services for: Population-based and laboratory-based studies, NCI studies with diverse study designs including cohort, cross-sectional, case control, nested cohort, and randomized clinical trials
- Coordinate Data Exchange with Multiple Collaborators/Repositories
- Support development of a searchable, public-facing online catalog for NCI biobanking programs
- Provide services to capture data from diverse sources including data collection instruments
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Data Architect
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related discipline
- Prior experience collecting data from questionnaire surveys, hospital/clinic medical record databases [for example, the Veteran's Administration (VA) health system, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Medicare], pathology reports, laboratory results, death certificates, public records of environmental exposures, or other databases including cancer registries and the National Death Index, which require standardized processes for data collection
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Prior, successful experience working in a remote environment
- Experience supporting NIH institutes, specifically NCI
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around cancer research, health informatics, cancer biology or clinical trials
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability.