Dyehard Fan Supply, headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, is a start-up entity specializing in providing Retail Merchandise at sporting and entertainment events for its clients. Dyehard is growing rapidly from a combination of recent and pending acquisitions as well as organic growth through acquisition of new clients
The Purchaser is responsible for set up and purchase of raw material product assortments, assisting in the inventory management, and supporting the Private Label development and production for properties within the Company. This position plays a critical role in the ongoing operations and production of the wholesale, retail and e-commerce business. The person filling this role reports to the Merchandising Team Lead of Dyehard Fan Supply.
- Work with the Planning Team to build inventory stock of raw materials to support production of Private Label Brands for Dyehard properties.
- Set up and manage raw materials in the ERP / PLM systems.
- Ensure product details accuracy prior to production.
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory levels by season/category/property to meet/exceed inventory turn plans.
- Interact regularly with vendors to confirm available stock and delivery dates.
- Issue Purchase Orders of raw material and manage the open PO’s.
- Review vendor acknowledgements against issued purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies with the supplier to the best advantage of the Company.
- Create regular inventory reports, with Planning direction, showing progress towards stated financial and open to buy goals.
- Provide proper oversight to ensure all raw materials received and allocated in a timely fashion.
- Control and manage inventory items in ERP/POS systems.
- Review inventory levels of product on the weekly basis to track for reorders and replenishment.
- Manage vendor supply chain data base to improve lead times and cost.
- Lead vendor interaction to ensure products ordered are meeting customer demand.
- Strong analytical skills are needed to analyze the business as well as an understanding of the Open to Buy process.
- Negotiating and communication skills are needed to work with vendors to create the best deals. Including evaluating the pros and cons of each vendor based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Perform other purchasing duties as needed.