Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Systems Architect to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Ensure that the infrastructure is designed to be scalable and capable of servicing numerous biostatisticians, prevention researchers, programmers, and systems developers
- Provide management, administration, and engineering services for diverse fileserver operating platforms, including (but not limited to) Linux, Windows, VMware, and Network Appliance Corporation
- Ensure limited and controlled physical access
- Include built-In redundancies for components that are critical for the performance of the contract
- Provided help desk support Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST for users of the NCI developed analytical applications residing on infrastructure
- Monitor the performance of the computing environment and recommending to the COR enhancements and upgrades as needed
- Renew licenses for all software installed on the infrastructure
- Monitor, audit, and policy enforcement of physical, network, and user-level security of the system and resources
- Perform regular maintenance procedures that impact the use of the resource during nights or weekends; use of NIH/CIT computer facility or program development and data processing
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on experience Linux, Windows, and VMware
- Prior experience providing help desk support
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Experience supporting NIH institute, specifically NCI
- Prior, successful experience working in a remote environment
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around cancer research, health informatics, cancer biology or clinical trials
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability.