We are a rapidly expanding company seeking hard-working, dependable workers to join SD Wheel. SD Wheel fulfills orders for Custom Offsets, Fitment Industries, ARKON OFF-ROAD, Anthem Off-Road, TrailBuilt Off-Road, Mr. Wheel Deal, and Artisa Wheels! We are expanding our distribution and warehousing capabilities by building a new facility in Wrightstown, WI, which will employ over 200 people.
Under the direction of the Operations Excellence Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic will perform work involving multiple trade skills or crafts to keep equipment and the facility and equipment in a repaired state. If you are interested in an organization that provides opportunities for career advancement and encourages you to live your best badass life, then this position is right for you!
Currently, we are recruiting our core group of enthusiastic employees who will assist with the final touches to open our Wrightstown warehouse in January, 2021 and will continue to support quality procedures after assembly and distribution
As a Maintenance and Repair worker, you may have the opportunity to:
- Support the addition and maintenance of a multiple assembly line installation project
- Assist in planning equipment installations as well as infrastructure to support operations and the facility
- Perform routine maintenance such as inspecting drives, motors, belts, fluid levels and resolve any discrepancies
- Support the preventative maintenance schedule for manufacturing equipment and tools
- Troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions to determine root cause of the error.
- Support additional projects outside of the role, including project work throughout the facility (carpentry, welding, HVAC plumbing building repairs)
- Work in a manufacturing environment individually or within a cross functional team with various vendors and contractors.
Our Expectations For You:
- Clerical professionals who can manage upcoming projects individually and within a cross functional team.
- Ability to communicate with your team verbally and in writing
- Proficient with reading drawings, working side by side with vendors and maintaining facility records and documentation
- Ability to self manage and interpret direction from supervisors
- Understand and follow SD Wheel policies and be dedicated to safety and quality.
- Promote and embrace SD Wheel culture and customer first commitment to quality and delivery.
Live by the Core Values:
- Be willing to teach, be willing to learn.
- Appreciate and celebrate.
- Show respect. No secrets.
- Be your biggest fan!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to work on feet for extended periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position: standard first shift schedule is Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime, weekends, and holidays
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment as well as a skilled trade
- Journeyman card or associates degree in a related field preferred
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Our commitment to your creativity, independence and ownership of your work
- A high commitment to your health and safety
- Bonus structure based on profit sharing and wellness participation
- Competitive wages starting at $25/hour with opportunities for increases
- Opportunity for advancement and growth in organization
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Concierge Provider (a form of membership in which doctors provide medical care to Patients generally providing 24/7 access, a cell phone number to connect directly with their physician, same-day appointments, visits that last as long as it takes to address their needs and varying other amenities).
- Holiday/Paid Time Off
*Waiting period may apply for some benefits