Position: Senior Accounting
Salary Range: $52,000 – 58,000
Business Unit: Finance
Reports To: Manager of Accounting
Posted: December 17 – January 4, 2021
Funding Status: 100% Admin
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
This position performs a variety of general accounting functions within the Accounting Department. Primary responsibilities are cash receipts, processing month-end accounting transactions to ensure the timely accurate processing of monthly journal entries to the general ledger and monitoring expenditures.
Remote on-boarding available, position is remote until company returns to office post covid.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Maintain operating effectiveness over cash management internal controls.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all cash accounts. Submit to manager for review.
• Analyze all balance sheet accounts, resolve any discrepancies, submit to manager for review
• Record monthly accounts receivable entries from funding agencies and post cash receipts, submit to manager for review.
• Prepare invoices for administrative contracts requiring monthly billings. Record associated receivable in the general ledger, submit to manager for review.
• Prepare monthly journal entries related to work performed. Submit journal entries to manager for review. Post journal entries upon receipt of approval from manager.
• Service as backup for payroll processing and journal entries.
• Assist in the preparation of support documents for audits and monitoring visits.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Accounting with a minimum of 4 years advanced level accounting or auditing experience. MIP or comparable accounting software experience required. Experience in a non-profit accounting environment for Federal/State, Grants and Contracts preferred.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
• Ability to prepare complex and detailed analysis of financial data
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient in the use of electronic spreadsheets and computerized accounting systems
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, subcontractors, vendors, and government agencies
• Strong attention to details and good organizational skills
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.