Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
• In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
• In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
• That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
• That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
• That diversity and equality make this country better.
The Director of Social Services oversees all aspects of Ayuda’s robust Social Services program and manages the team of therapists and case managers across DC, MD and VA. The position reports directly to Ayuda’s Executive Director and serves as a member of Ayuda’s Senior Management team.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Oversee all aspects of the Social Services Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault program, Anti-Trafficking program, and Children and Youth Program and contribute to the overall development of Ayuda’s Social Services Department, both the case management team and the mental health team
- Develop policies and procedures for the social services department and ensure that these policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversee, manage, and track program budget and individual grant budgets for the Social Services department.
- Provide content, strategy, and decision making on grant proposals for the Social Services Program
- Collaborate with Ayuda’s Legal Services, Language Access Program, and Grants & Development Teams on proposals and other funding opportunities
- Serve as the programmatic lead for awarded grants, including grant reporting and grant compliance
- Serve as the programmatic lead in developing grant proposals to secure funding for the social services department (supported by grants team)
- Contribute to developing competitive joint-program proposals in partnership with Ayuda’s grants team
- Make adjustments and respond to help the team and organization navigate recent rapid growth of the program (currently 5 case managers, 3 therapists and 3 social work interns)
Programmatic Supervision and Support:
- Grow and improve programmatic guidance and staff support to ensure all social services programs are client-centered, trauma-informed, and compliant with grant requirements
- Oversee the professional development, hiring, and managing of social services staff and interns across our offices.
- Manage all aspects of social services programs, and teams, including clinical soundness of services, casework and caseloads of the team.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of services provided and the soundness of client data and statistics
- Coordinate clinical supervision of therapists and social workers
Advocacy and Strategy:
- Ensure Ayuda representation at local coalition meetings, and participate in advocacy initiatives
- Maintain and build partnerships (both formalized by MOUs and informal) with local service providers to ensure a broad range of resources are available to our clients
- Monitor and evaluate the Social Services Department’s programs to ensure they are responsive to the communities that Ayuda serves
- Provide programmatic statistics and information for development and communications purposes
- Oversee, develop, and conduct training to area service providers and outreach presentations to potential client groups
- Collaborate with Ayuda’s legal department to provide holistic services to clients
Other duties as assigned
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
- Master's degree in a social services or human-services-related field required
- Experience managing a program or department, including supervising a team
- Fluency in Spanish or another language relevant to Ayuda’s client community
- At least 5 years of experience providing social services
- Experience working with survivors of family violence, domestic violence, sexual assault or other trauma
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team
- Experience with proposal writing, grant management, and monitoring budgets preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please.
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.