The Advancement Data Associate is responsible for the recording and acknowledgment of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation’s (FLWF) constituents’ data, donations, and memberships using the Blackbaud Altru donor management software package as well as scanning checks, updating constituent records with gift information, and preparing and printing reports for Finance. Primarily, the Data Associate ensures efficiency and timeliness in processing donor information and donations using best practice techniques to maintain optimal data integrity. Reporting to the Prospect and Data Manager, this position plays a key role in maintaining Altru system integrity and a key role in maintaining donor communication and satisfaction through timely donor acknowledgment. This part time position is part of a collaborative, professional, customer-centric department dedicated to furthering the Foundation's mission and impact.
• Accurately enters donation and membership data into nonprofit donor management system (Blackbaud Altru) while meeting productivity standards and deadlines.
• Generates donor acknowledgment of fundraising gifts with a target of communication within 48 hours of receipt of donation.
• Processes and scans donation checks and membership forms into constituent records and handles monthly auto-renewals and follow-up on credit card denials in a timely fashion.
• Prepares various reports for Advancement staff as directed and prepares and prints daily reports for the finance office.
• Audits gift records periodically for discrepancies and makes updates to ensure complete and accurate consistent records exist.
• Deliver cash, checks, and credit card forms to the Finance office daily and assists with monthly reconciliation of transactions against the general ledger.
• Assist with major donor outreach by processing receipt of major donations.
• Ensures the confidentiality of donor records.
• Performs other related duties or special projects as directed.
• High school diploma or general education degree; AA degree in business-related curriculum preferred
• Excellent computer skills including database entry and extraction procedures.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize information and priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy.
• Must be a team-oriented individual who understands the dynamic of working collaboratively with a diverse staff of professionals to achieve organization goals.
• High level of customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with the public in a positive manner.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather and desert environmental conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Lower Risk (Caution): This position has minimal occupational contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Lower Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation's Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.