Riddle & Bloom, part of the Teall Capital family, is an Ideas and Access agency that connects Fortune 500 brands with the Next Generation of consumers. We merge a deep expertise in Millennial and Gen Z behaviors with a specialty in educational communities and channels. And we tap exclusive national partnerships and proprietary offerings to give our clients unmatched understanding of and engagement with high school, college, and young professional audiences. As a full-service strategic partner, we build and run local, national, and international peer-to-peer, influencer, experiential, digital, and sponsorship marketing programs.
We are looking for a sales professional to join our growing team of Millennial and Gen Z marketing enthusiasts. As Director of New Business, you will prospect for and secure new brand clients and programs.
- Generate leads: Develop and maintain active prospect lists for priority industry verticals and brands; Research prospect brands and contacts to tailor R&B value story and solutions to specific needs; Leverage R&B and external research to personalize prospect outreach, generating qualitative and quantitative data-driven insights relevant to prospects’ business needs and questions; Prospect via phone, email, social media, video message, etc. among marketing executives and budget owners at brands interested in Next Gen consumers; Attend and prospect via in-person and virtual conferences for national industry groups, local organizations, and trade associations as required
- Qualify sales opportunities: Deliver R&B differentiation and capabilities presentations; Conduct discovery sessions with brand-side prospects to understand their needs in detail; Cultivate rapport and working relationships with prospects built on expertise and trust; Establish interest, urgency, budget availability, decision-making authority, and short- and long-term definitions of success for each prospect and opportunity
- Secure new business: Work with R&B colleagues to craft solutions to prospects’ needs, leveraging R&B consumer access points, partnerships, and capabilities; Vet solutions with R&B sales leadership for pricing, profitability, and feasibility; Develop and deliver pitches and RFP responses; Carry opportunities and proposals through to signature, working with new clients and R&B colleagues to draft LOAs, MSAs, SOWs, and other contracts or onboarding documents; Ensure smooth handoff of new client relationships to R&B Client Services team
- Support new business operations: Maintain sales CRM with outreach records, prospecting notes, and opportunity tracking; Manage current and forward-looking sales opportunity pipeline; Participate in regular individual and team check-ins
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues: Share front-line consumer and market insights with R&B colleagues; Participate in development and rollout of new products and services; Advocate for the needs of clients and prospects while accounting for R&B’s needs and objectives; Work with R&B Client Services, Finance, Marketing, Research, Product, and University Relations teams to deliver integrated solutions that position clients and R&B for success; Follow prescribed internal processes for consumer and channel information requests, consumer data gathering, proposal development, RFP responses, capacity planning and staffing, new relationship handoffs, billing and collections, and more
- Cultivate subject matter expertise in key areas over time: Customer: Industries and brands interested in Next Gen consumers; Buyer: B2C executives focused on one or more marketing areas: Acquisition, Branding, Channel, Digital, Ecommerce, Experiential, Influencer, Innovation, Media, Product, Public Relations, Research, Retention, Social, Sponsorship, and more; Discipline: Marketing and consumer engagement best practices; Consumer: Millennial, Gen Z, and Gen Alpha habits, behaviors, and preferences; Channel: High school, college, alumni, and young professional community norms and trends; Differentiation: R&B value story, access, partnerships, capabilities, and case studies; Product: R&B client solutions; Represent R&B effectively; Maintain friendly and professional correspondence with prospects, clients, and partners, offering subject matter expertise as appropriate; Ensure all communications and work product meet R&B brand standards
- Contribute culturally to R&B: Approach opportunities and challenges with enthusiasm, good faith, and transparency; Let your passions, quirks, and sense of humor shine through with colleagues and clients