Wayside Publishing is a rapidly growing, education publisher. Our language learning strategies embrace and reflect those endorsed by modern research and by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our goal is to engage students and teachers across the country in the pursuit of global citizenship and lifelong learning. Join our team!
Wayside Publishing is seeking five Customer Service Representatives for immediate hire. The Customer Service Representatives will report to the Operations Team Lead and will support the Product Development and Delivery team by providing support for new and existing customers daily.
All of our positions require flexibility and occasionally additional responsibilities will include providing customers and other employees with technical/digital support and/or warehouse/fulfillment as applicable. If you genuinely love helping people and have a passion for delivering the highest level of customer service, this may be an excellent opportunity for you.
At Wayside, we recognize the value of transferrable skills, so if your background is in the education, restaurant, hospitality, or other fields impacted by COVID-19, we welcome you to apply.
- Ability to work 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Time, 12:30-8:30 PM Eastern Time, or 8:30-4:30 PM Pacific Time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English perferred.
- Conflict management skills, including maintaining professional composure on the phone.
- Previous digital/technical support or customer service experience in a call center preferred OR relevant transferrable experience.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a self-directed manner is essential.
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM tool preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience in the educational publishing industry or EdTech tools like Google Classroom, Canvas, or Clever will put you at the top of our list.
- Bilingual with recent professional experience using both Spanish and English at a native or highly proficient level will put you at the top of our list.
- Ensure excellent customer service standards are met by responding quickly to customer phone and email inquiries, solving-problems efficiently, and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to Wayside protocols for maintaining Salesforce database as a source of record for all customer data and communications.
- Provide product information, process orders, and correct errors with empathy and kindness.
- Assist customers with post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status, back order inquiries, and any other problems that may arise in the order fulfillment process.
- Stay informed of new products, new product features, and changes to pricing plans.
- Proactively coordinate with the appropriate departments and stakeholders to promptly resolve customer issues.
- Gather and distribute customer feedback that could enhance future products, processes, or communications as appropriate.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation: base salary plus achievement-based incentive program, uncapped potential.
- Health insurance with options for dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, and more
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution, employer-paid STD and LTD policies
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE