PowerRail Distribution Inc is a certified AAR M-1003 distributor, manufacturer and remanufacturer of aftermarket locomotive parts, offering a wide range of products.
• Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
• Lead with year-end financial review
• Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
• Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
• Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
• Experience in a business that processes a high volume of transactions preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
• Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
• Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a family-friendly culture. PowerRail is an EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY!