Resident Services Manager
Reports to Supervising Manager of CAMs
Department Community Management
Classification Exempt/Salary $50,000-$60,000
The purpose of the Resident Services Manager is to facilitate, advise and assist the Supervising
Manager in the daily onsite operations of the facility. This includes building community
compliance/harmony and promoting the general welfare of the community. The Resident
Services Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the homeowners
Association, including but not limited to amenity supervision, reservation management, and
managing vendor activity. This position serves as preparatory position for future Onsite
Community Association Manager opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• When needed or required, will fulfill all responsibilities provided in the Concierge Job
• Will attend all Board meetings and assist in meeting minute compilation.
• Be a resource/liaison to the Board of Directors
• Work with Supervising Manager to ensure clear communication & collaborative team
environment with concierge team & with Board of Directors
• Manage/oversee on-site concierge team
• Train all new concierge team members
• Prepare concierge team schedule on quarterly basis – utilize resources from Management
Company for vacations/holidays/sick days
• Evaluate concierge team members, lead performance reviews
• Schedule & lead quarterly concierge team meetings
• Assign responsibilities to concierge team
• Complete all necessary continuing education for licenses
• Attend all HOA Board Meetings & record Meeting Minutes
• Prepare & distribute (through email) weekly newsletter
• Schedule optional building-wide services for owners – such as heat pump preventative
• Be available for resident lock outs, utilizing the concierge team
• Schedule & collect fees for Common Area Reservations, including additional concierge and
• Perform daily on-site property checks, compiling action lists and ensuring completion by all
vendors. Identify violations and maintenance-related issues and reports findings to the
Supervising Manager and/or Board, and document maintenance-related issues in computer
system. Careful attention to following up and executing failures in compliance related to
association's governing documents.
• Oversees and administers the Architectural Review process for changes to the units by
owners; Presents report and recommendations to the Board.
• Communicate with homeowners on building issues (i.e., special projects, community events,
water shutdowns and repairs).
• Provides assistance to residents, staff, and vendors by fulfilling managerial role in lieu of
• Inspects and supervises all outside vendors who work on or maintain building equipment.
• Carries out decisions and actions of the Board of Directors.
• Oversees daily performance of cleaning staff and communicates any issues immediately to
Supervising Manager. Order all needed custodial supplies. Periodically wash custodial rags
and mop heads.
• Assist Supervising Manager by attending board meetings and committee meetings,
including the Annual Members Meeting and help facilitate in areas as needed.
• Assist the Supervising Manager with meeting notice distribution; collect, collate, and proxy
management for annual/special meetings; sign-in of attending homeowners and guest
speakers prior to meetings; and publishes meeting minutes on bulletin boards within the
• Partner with Community Care to establish, maintain and update current community specific
information; ensuring information is loaded into Hammersmith’s internal database systems
and in order to consistently provide accurate information, communication and service to
• Ensure Association documents are available on the Hammersmith website and in
compliance with CCIOA and all related Senate & House bills.
• Assist Supervising Manager in review and approval of invoices received from service
providers for payment processing in accordance with internal AP procedures and arrange
for disbursement of processed checks for Board signature according to the prescribed
• Maintain a calendar for all periodic duties (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) and a follow-up
file to ensure they are accomplished.
• Develop weekly update and send to Supervising Manager for review prior to distributing to
• Compile monthly Resident Services Manager report to be included in Board packet that will
be presented by Supervising Manager for Board review.
• Document and report any loss or damage of any nature occurring in the building to the
Supervising Manager with a full understanding of how to handle emergencies when they
• Coordinate work requests with contracted staff.
• Provide assistance to plumbers in locating and shutting off water valves in the building.
• Order supplies as required in connection with building and administration and building
• Performs other activities as requested by the Board of Directors, Supervising Manager or
Director as needed.
• Contribute and be a part of the reserve study and annual budgeting process as it affects
areas of responsibility. Work with Supervising Manager in obtaining vendor proposals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by
employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the
right to add or change the duties of the position at any time with or without notice.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company, Excellence,
Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity and Life Balance
• Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
• Skill in business communication
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in operations management
• Skill in strong problem solving and troubleshooting
• Ability to build strong working relationships with Team Members
• Ability to demonstrate tenacity and a strong determination in achieving both company and
• Ability to develop and maintain a supportive a communicative partnership with all Directors
and Department Managers
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to stay alert to potential problems and propose changes to policies and programs
• Ability to utilize different computer software
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to maintain positive, cordial, businesslike relationships with residents at all times
• Ability to attend after-hours meetings and events as needed
• Must be knowledgeable of building systems including mechanical systems, water shut-offs,
electrical cut-offs, etc.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on
multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, lead people and manage resources
• Focused on communication and interaction with various personalities and on problem
• Be dependable/reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work, and
pitching in to get the job completed
• Be attentive to detail and monitoring adherence to Association standards
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience in electrical, plumbing, painting, and maintenance, preferred
• Great customer service and organizational aptitude
• Must be available within short notice and have transportation readily available
• Must be available for overtime and on-call hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently engage in different types of
movement, such as climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This
position may require occasional lifting of light to medium weight objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision,
Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee
is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel.