As a part of our Strategy team, we believe that magic only happens when we push to make a difference through empathetic thinking and to ultimately create great experiences for people. Service Designers help the andculture team redefine, restructure, and implement new and efficient experiences and services holistically for our client partners. As part of the HCD team, the service designer will be a key player in researching, developing, and mapping out new offerings and experiences by developing a deep empathetic understanding of both internal stakeholders, external customers, and business priorities.
You will report to the Executive Director of HCD/Strategy, working with all levels of staff, as we hire additional team members, finding ways to make our work bigger, better, broader in a team environment that collaborates and clashes to do the very best work. We do and always will set our bar crazy high, and aim to design experiences that overdeliver for our client partners and, most importantly, for their users. We don’t put our name on anything that is not amazing.
Like all of us at andculture, we really hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting things! At the office, here’s a list of the things we hope you can help us with:
Designing user experiences with data
- Write research plans, guide contextual research, synthesize and affinitize information into user need insights which will inform the creation of personas, customer journey maps, and user flows.
- Follow industry best practices in Service Design, Design Thinking, and UX philosophies, methodologies, frameworks, and tools.
- Working with data and qualitative insight, through collaboration with internal and external clients, and the public, to design solutions and strategic propositions
- Understanding and articulating clearly how services need to change from a user-centered, system, and business perspective
- Mapping the service experiences of users and defining how organizations need to change what and how they deliver so it’s more effective
- Leading multidisciplinary teams to define and communicate people’s needs
- Identifying how organizations can reduce the cost of delivery and improve outcomes through re-design of user experience, business processes, and better collaboration across systems
- Setting future visions for products and services that inspire people and meet needs
- Designing, building, and setting usability tests for service and product prototypes, working from sketches into quick prototypes that can be iterated with feedback
- Being critical during the design process of the balance of power in service structures and challenging how people can be empowered and supported to thrive
- Designing with technologists and developers to take a service live
Measuring and evaluation
- Defining key metrics and measurements for organizations to evaluate their impact, supporting them to use this data to iterate what they deliver
- Evaluating the cost of a service delivery by working with the engagement team
Designing organizations and propositions
- Co-designing with our clients and communities to design new business models and value propositions, defining how organizations can re-organize themselves to deliver the intended product
- Taking research into actionable insights and communicating this in a succinct and human-centered way to stakeholders
- Working with researchers and analysts to define unmet needs of people who may not use services, and defining how organizations can independently or collaboratively meet these needs
- Analyzing and directing on how organizations need to change to deliver more effective services
Coaching and supporting organizations
- Supporting teams and organizations to develop the cultural conditions, practices, and rituals to design user-centered services
- Teach organizations how to design better services, and providing coaching to develop these capabilities, outlining where this is best placed in an organization
Teamwork and daily practice
- Experience leading, mentoring, and coaching others in a multidisciplinary team environment, juggling multiple projects in different stages and complexity levels.
- Experience building and leading teams for client projects.
- Keeping our projects on time and budget and reporting to our project leadership and executive director, experience
- Working to the highest ethical and moral standards of research and design practice, promoting inclusive design practice at all levels of your work
- Providing input and critical thought at our show and tells and design critique sessions
- Supporting the development of internal processes and tools on the HCD/Strategy team as well as company-wide
- Bring an optimistic and entrepreneurial mindset to our work, supporting directors and executive directors to spot and enable new opportunities in the world
- Confidence and experience in the end-to-end journey of a project, from navigating sales through to end delivery
- Confidence in agile practice and language related to the design process