If your care goals include making a focused difference in the quality of life for patients & family members through pain control and end of life symptom management while working with a dynamic interdisciplinary team, then we would like to speak with you about our current nurse employment opportunities.
Iowa City Hospice Nurses have a passionate understanding for the hospice philosophy. They combine their acute/crisis symptom management education with interpersonal communication skills to provide care for patients and families in physical and emotional crisis situations, after hours.
Our Hospice Nurses:
General Description: Responsible for providing nursing care to patients, including identifying and coordinating patient/family care with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team and health care community.
Employment Status: 100% FTE, Salary, Exempt
Schedule: Scheduled a rotating shift covering weekday hours between 1600 and 0800 covering second and third shifts. Schedule includes participating in holiday rotations and weekend coverage per agency needs
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
1. Provide direct care to patients as needed to address acute/crisis symptom management needs.
2. Facilitate admission of hospice patient/family when necessary
3. Assess acute care needs and gather data on physical, social, spiritual, economic and cultural factors that may influence the patient’s quality of life.
4. Communicate with primary physician as needed to implement needed interventions.
5. Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication standards to advance cooperative working relationships with Iowa City Hospice staff, management and care partners.
6. Provide assistance and support to patient and family during physical and emotional crisis situations.
7. Teach and counsel patients/families on care giving techniques.
8. Document care and services provided to patient/family and report to primary team for follow up.
9. Meet with supervisor and/or primary team as needed to review patient care needs and quality of services.
10. Ensure effective use of resources
11. Serve as educational source to Care Partners and Community.
12. Ensure implementation of strategic goals
13. Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
14. Participate in Iowa City Hospice’s success by ensuring access to our exceptional care.
15. Support and promote Iowa City Hospice’s mission to lead in providing exceptional patient-centered end-of-life care and grief support to anyone affected by a terminal illness.
16. Participate in the organization’s quality assessment and performance improvement program.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Visit www.iowacityhospice.org to learn more about how you can join our wonderful team! We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
This position requires a valid Iowa Nursing License and flexible scheduling availability to meet patient needs during evening and weekend hours. All nurses must have a valid Iowa driver's license and be eligible to a drive company car after hours, within the seven county service territory.