Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA's team members use our careers — whether in our clinics or our business office to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
- The Certified Coder assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management, ensuring that charges are coded and consistent with documentation and applicable coding policies.
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, and surgical procedures for professional services
- Ensure all services documented in the patient's medical record are coded with appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes
- Utilize query process when services are not documented appropriately
- Enter codes into practice management system and rectifies errors in the preprocessor and post-processor editing systems
- Provide education to providers regarding results of periodic audits while maintaining exceptionally high degree of professionalism
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of, CPT-4, ICD-10, HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation
- Maintain a daily average of 35-45 surgical charts per day