$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!*
As a Truck Equipment Service Mechanic for Aspen Equipment, you will troubleshoot and diagnose problems on various types of heavy equipment and make necessary repairs. Hours for this position are generally Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm.
With headquarters in Bloomington, MN and satellite facilities in Ankeny and Davenport, IA and Omaha, NE, Aspen Equipment Company builds, sells, rents and services commercial equipment for federal, state and local governments, railroads, utilities and the construction trades. As a truck equipment installer and manufacturer, we supply work trucks in a variety of configurations and represent more than 40 lines of equipment from various manufacturers including cranes, hi-rail gear, service bodies, aerials, welders, air compressors, winches, hydraulic tool systems and more. We have a national reputation for quality products and strive for exceptional customer service. Since 1926 our family owned company has cultivated a reputation for taking care of the needs of our employees and our customers.
Day to Day Responsibilities/Duties
• Troubleshoot problems on various pieces of equipment based on customer explanation
• Diagnose the problem using knowledge of hydraulics and electronics repair
• Operate hand tools & equipment
• Initiate ordering of necessary parts to make the repairs
• Check that all functions are correct
• Check for leaks and loose fittings
• Check that tolerances and torque specs are correct
• Test pressures and record them on the test sheet
• Communicate with supervisor when there are problems on a job
• Make recommendations for changes in procedure or job functions that are considered to be in the general interest
• Perform other job-related duties assigned by management
•Safe work habits and ability to maintain safe working conditions
• Strong mechanical aptitude – technical understanding of hydraulics, electrical and primary functions of a broad range of equipment used in our industry
• Knowledge of basic hydraulics and 12-volt electrical systems
• Knowledge of wiring stop/start systems and ability to use programmer
• Knowledge of sizes of fittings and hydraulic hoses
• Able to operate saw for cutting steel
• Able to operate plasma cutter
• Able to use oxygen/acetylene torch
• Ability to adjust pressures and reliefs
• Basic math skills
• Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
• Ability to work independently
• Follow-through to complete on-going projects
• Mechanical design and/or practical experience in hydraulics, structural or mechanical layout
• High level of Mechanical Aptitude: Ability to understand fundamentals of mechanical systems as related to the commercial truck industry
• Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures
• Lifting ability up to 50 lbs.
• Requires ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under vehicles
Standards of performance
Align daily activities to incorporate Aspen Equipment’s four core values:
--Creative Solutions – Be a part of developing new products, delivering better service, and encouraging new ideas.
--Positive Attitude – Recognize your role as an integral part of the Aspen Equipment team and support a positive company culture while having fun along the way.
--Loyalty – Recognizing the value of standing behind the people, products, and services you support every day.
--Honesty – Work with integrity to ensure everyone is treated fairly and honestly through both the products we sell and the services we provide.
• Work is performed safely and in compliance with company Safety Policies
• Accurate diagnosis of problems
• Timely repair of equipment
• Compliance with company policies, as stated in Employee Handbook, is maintained
• Other duties assigned are completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Occurrence of sick days, late arrivals to work or return from lunch (does not include excused lateness) is maintained at a low level
• Guidance is accepted in a manner that will aid employee’s own development
• Assistance is readily given to fellow employees
• Work area is kept neat and efforts to keep entire department neat are supported
• Personal appearance is neat and presentable at all times
• A polite and courteous manner is maintained at all times
*Sign-on bonus may not apply if recruiting charges are incurred by Aspen. Complete policy details are available from Aspen's HR department.
Aspen Equipment is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.