Come Smile with Us!
- Are you a sales leader finally ready to make a change?
- Are you frustrated because you know you could be getting better results but want an organization that will support you?
- Are you a master at making connections at the c-suite level?
- Do you want a team that is committed and capable of succeeding and a leader just as driven as you?
If this sounds like you or someone you know, no need to send a resume, let’s talk!
If you have experience leading a multi-product sales organization and at least 7 years of successful experience leading a seasoned sales team, then call us at 515-261-5606 to schedule an interview and learn more.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1.2 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
This Sales and Customer Relations Director position provides leadership and management for sales and account management. You will be accountable for the enrollment of new business and renewal of existing business with primary focus on the Business-to-Business market segment. You will meet specific objectives in the areas of new business sales, renewal business, overall profitability and strategic sales development. You will direct, motivate and keep the sales and account management team accountable and informed as they assist in the attainment of corporate and sales objectives.
This position is externally focused to manage and maintain strong relationships with group purchasers and benefits brokers/consultants. You will build a sales and account management team capable of selling multiple products (e.g. dental, vision) into the group market and provide insight into corporate strategic planning and new product development.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Actively engage key customers and broker/consultants to support attainment of corporate objectives, with at least 10 percent of time strategically building relationships with key executives.
- Act as the customer’s advocate and bring forth customers perspective in corporate and strategic planning activities.
- Develop and implement consultative sales processes, sales management measurements and programs to motivate sales team performance.
- Build strategic and tactical sales plans for multiple product lines with the goal of achieving the number one or number two position in market share in the defined territory for each product line.
- Maximize corporate growth by increasing market share and profitability through the sale of new business.
- Ensure the successful renewal of Delta Dental’s existing book of business in all product lines.
- Lead and direct staff activities including hiring, performance management, coaching, and development to enhance performance, build employee engagement and model the organization’s core values.
- Support and maintain a collaborative relationship with marketing team to ensure programs, products and communications are timely, effective and efficient.
- Partner across the organization to ensure streamlined processes and procedures that ensure positive customer experiences.
- Serve as an engaged and effective member of the leadership team.
- Promote an external image of Delta Dental that is consistent with corporate objectives, mission and values.
- Constantly assess the appropriateness of programs, products and competitive environment in the benefits marketplace and provide continuous feedback internally.
- Participate in national and Delta Dental Plans Association (DDPA) activities (i.e. National Sales Strategy Group, etc.) to further the corporate objectives and Delta Dental system image of the company. Build strong relationships with other member company sales leaders to capitalize on best practices.
- Responsible for fulfilling all DDPA membership guidelines related to new sales and account retention, including the “DDPA Marketing Database.”
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of successful experience in the delivery of group benefits to employers or a directly related field is preferred.
- Experience leading a multi-product sales organization.
- Leadership, management and strategic decision-making experience with ability to demonstrate success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to negotiate, structure, establish and maintain business partnerships
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills at all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to leverage for successful results and consensus building.
- Success as an inclusive leader with a track record of leveraging cross functional teams for business success and achievement of stretch goals
- Excellent relationship building skills with clients, partners, peer teams, functions, and key business stakeholders
- Outstanding project planning and execution skills
- Experienced in all aspects of employee recruitment, development and direction toward specific objectives.
- Well versed in all aspects of the management, organization and operation of a group insurance carrier is preferred.
- Experience in the employee benefits market in Iowa and established contacts with key stakeholders is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 25% of time mostly in Iowa required.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplemen