Non- Exempt $16.32 Per hour We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, dental, vision fully funded by SRA, Paid Time off , 401K and more!
This is a call center position. The Medicaid Benefits Counselor provides long-term care program education and completes assessments for long-term care programs for the aged and disabled in our region. This position performs activities that facilitate access to and the determination of Medicaid eligibility for individuals seeking services. This position is 100% Medicaid-related.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-MEDICAID BENEFITS COUNSELOR
- Performs activities that facilitate access to and the determination of Medicaid eligibility for individuals seeking services. Expedites the individual’s application for determination of eligibility and participation or maintenance in the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care (SMMC) Medicaid program.
- Verify an individual’s current Medicaid eligibility status for purposes of the Medicaid eligibility process and tracks Medicaid applications through the eligibility process.
- Provide efficient, timely and consumer friendly services to facilitate the eligibility and review process.
- Conduct comprehensive screening on Medicaid probable individuals on the Assessed Priority Client List (APCL) who are not active in a case managed program.
- Input client assessments into CIRTS (Client Information Registration Tracking System).
- Post information in the enrollment and termination screens of CIRTS to update the APCL, as needed.
- Acquire forms and compile required documentation; providing technical assistance; coordinating with eligibility determination professionals; and performing all other duties related to completing and submitting a client’s Medicaid application.
- Refer clients to the local Department of Children and Families (DCF) staff to make application for Medicaid benefits and work with DCF staff to facilitate the process.
- Obtain the Physician Referral Form (3008) for Medicaid probable individuals and coordinate with the Department of Elder Affairs case managers (CARES) staff for determination of a client’s functional eligibility - Level of Care (LOC).
- Contact individuals on the APCL as required to update information and screen for Medicaid eligibility.
- Perform other Medicaid-related duties as assigned, which may include counseling disaster victims about Medicaid programs, options and eligibility process.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of the level of work to be performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Other tasks may be assigned by supervisory staff and senior management.