We are in search of an incredibly talented leader to join our team as an Equipment Rental Branch Manager for our Lima, OH branch.
Established in 1961 and headquartered just outside of Dayton, Ohio – Vandalia Rental is an exponentially expanding organization in the equipment rental industry. Powered by intense team members that work hard and play hard together, we currently have locations in Lima, OH – Vandalia, OH – Franklin, OH – Cincinnati, OH – Florence, KY and more to come. We value Teamwork, Winning Mindset, Mutual Benefit and reward hard work. We promote collaboration, strive for professional excellence and do everything possible to ensure personal success.
The Equipment Rental Branch Manager will be responsible for all operational and financial aspects of the Lima branch. The Branch Manager will provide exceptional service to customers, coach and develop your team, make employment decisions, be responsible for maintenance, logistics, rental and all other areas of responsibility that comes along with running a successful equipment rental branch.
What You Want to Know
- Incredible team atmosphere
- Pay is based on relevant experience. We know that "A" Players come at a price. We LOVE making that investment
- Monthly profit sharing bonus potential. Yes, we actually pay this out
- 401(k) with $1 for $1 match up to 6% of your total salary
- Vehicle allowance, fuel card, laptop, cell phone
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Community contributions, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, extremely discounted rentals
- Team and family events through out the year
- Tons more, you'll just have to join the team to see
What You Need to Do
- Be a leader – speak your mind, influence and create positive change. You will need to manage yourself, your boss and your peers from time to time. Most of us are humans, but we all need direction occasionally.
- Oversee all operations at the branch and work hands-on with the team as needed. This is not a desk job
- We are a "For Profit" company, so increasing revenue and profit has to be a priority, but you must grow with your customers, not at their expense. They win - we win
- Grow and change. I’d like to say growth happens around here at the speed of light, but we can’t measure it because it happens so fast sometimes. But we ALWAYS grow responsibly
- Have desire, drive and an absolute thirst to win. Not sometimes, but every time! In the real world, not everyone gets a participation ribbon. We will not cheat, lie or steal; but we WILL win!
- Coach, encourage, mentor and grow your team. You will have the best team in the land - keep it that way
- Make the impossible possible
- When you think you’ve done it good enough, make it better
The Ideal Branch Manager
- Must be from the greater Lima, OH area and have a good understanding about the area, the industry and business
- Great leadership skills with experience in coaching, performance management, development and success in business through teams
- Strong financial acumen. As mentioned, you will be responsible for financial aspects of the branch. It is critical that you understand them
- A passion like no other to be successful and conquer the rental industry. If you just want to punch a clock and go home; stay home – this isn’t the place for you
- Equipment rental experience would be phenomenal, but not mandatory. You must have some understanding of the rental business or similar industries to be successful in this role
- Be able to think on your feet. There's ALWAYS a lot going on. If multitasking makes you nauseated, look away...just look away
- BA/BS degree - not a degree in BS if you know what I mean. Degree isn’t required, but preferred. Minimum is HS diploma or GED
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, willing to submit to a drug screen and background check that may include: criminal, credit check, work history, reference check, motor vehicle report, education verification, or anything else that is legal for us to dig up on you that is of course applicable to the role
Must be able to be exposed to all elements related to construction and industrial applications, must be able to stand or sit for long periods, must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, speak, read, write and understand English proficiently, lift/push/pull 100+ pounds with assistance, start equipment (key and rope pull), can’t be afraid of heights (we have lifts up to 180’), must be technologically savvy and have strong computer skills.
All candidates under review will be required to take two online assessments to be considered for this role.
We encourage fun in a relaxed environment, but we have serious moments as well. We believe that attitudes are infectious and we want to ensure that we will be a good fit for you and you for our team. If this does not sound like an environment you would enjoy, please do not apply as you will likely not be happy here.
Vandalia Rental is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against anyone because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or military status.