Reporting to the Vice President of Product Development & Procurement, the Commercialization Project Director will be accountable for assessing and defining processes that support the commercialization of products. The incumbent will lead efforts in collaboration with sales, customer service, product development, operations, marketing, and other cross functional team members to plan and manage the launch of products that require project management and to ensure timelines are met. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for managing projects that have the objective to successfully commercialize and launch multi-dimensional / new products for our customers.
The Commercialization Project Director has experience within and a passion for process optimization and project management. The successful candidate can influence and foster alignment across multiple teams and is motivated to perform in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Assess and refine and/or develop processes, which are cross functional in nature, that support the successful and efficient launch of products and branded technologies.
• Develop end-to-end project plans by determining critical milestones, timing, resources, roles and responsibilities, and risks for all projects; Plan project timelines and identify milestones that support the product launch date.
• Accountable for day-to-day project management execution; project manage turn-key formulation solutions and branded product. Maintain familiarity with all branded technologies Share feedback and “lessons learned” across teams; apply learnings to evolve future processes
• Support the sales team in helping to manage customer packet requests and track other critical home office customer requests
• Identify problems or obstacles in the system/procedures related to new customer products and reformulations etc
• All other assigned duties
• Adjust communication style and approach to each situation and accommodate minor deviations from processes and/or project plans
• Work with internal partners to understand commercialization needs and translate visions into commercialization project plans
• Communicate project status and milestones to key partners, including customers and other internal /external stakeholders
• Maintain a solution-oriented mindset to foster and maintain trusting relationships with cross-functional partners
• Ensure clear and consistent communication across multiple / multi-stage launches; makes sure cross-functional team members are informed and held accountable to complete tasks
• Acts as main point-of-contact between the cross-functional project team and customers
• Lead process optimization and related product commercialization efforts
• Guides stage gate process and identify process improvements that will continue to optimize commercialization effectiveness and efficiency.
• Lead and influence cross-functional commercialization project teams to achieve successful product launches
• Serve as a thought partner and trusted advisor to stakeholders
• Identify commercialization risks and hurdles, acting as the catalyst to overcome obstacles and drive resolution with the support of the cross-functional team.
• Prepare process flows (current and future state) working with key stakeholders
• Prepare and document project team meetings: agendas, owners, issues, action steps, due dates
• Prepare presentations for commercialization approvals
• Prepare project kickoffs, status reports, situational reports, and project assessments
Education / Certifications:
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business, Science or related field with a minimum 5 years related experience
• Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science or related field and 7+ years within the Dietary Supplements industry.
• Proven process optimization experience including the ability to assess existing processes and make adjustments / refinements in order to drive greater efficiency at a cross-functional level
• Proven project management leadership skills
• Workflow mapping experience using MS Visio or other process flow software
• 2-3 years process optimization experience preferably in a regulated manufacturing environment
• 2-3 years of project management experience with industry skills that are applicable to Deerland
• Demonstrates in-depth end-to-end commercialization process knowledge
• Process analysis and refinement experience in a cross functional / manufacturing environment
• Project management experience leading multiple projects of different scope and complexity
• Ability to multi-task and self-motivate to ensure all daily responsibilities and any additional tasks are completed.
• Highly detail oriented, accurate, and ability to prioritize
• Flexible, agile, and can perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong management and cross functional team leadership skills
• Proven ability to maintain strong relationships, influence processes/decisions, and foster alignment
• Maintains customer-service focus with a solution-oriented mindset
• Strong written and oral communication skills to handle customer correspondence
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership, excellent attention to detail and good record keeping skills
• Results driven, strong work ethic
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Visio or related process mapping software
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.