The Coordinator of Training Programs for Clarke Mainstream Services supports mainstreaming efforts wherever they occur. This involves the creation, development and implementation of training events each year on the Clarke campus and at various locations around the country including one major conference each fall. The Coordinator of Training Programs is responsible for all aspects of these events sponsored by Mainstream Services.
In addition, the Coordinator of Training Programs supports the promotion and outreach efforts of other Mainstream activities such as our Summer Camp, Linking Up! and Mainstream News including requests for sponsorships, coordinating updates to the website, organizing eBlasts, coordinating submissions for eNewsletter and other promotional materials.
This position requires collaborating and working closely with other departments at Clarke, specifically: IT, Communications, Development and the Business Office.
Conferences and Training Programs:
- Secures all conference and training locations, negotiates the contracts and serves as main point of contact and coordinator for all program details
- Collaborates to identify conference themes, training topics, and speakers
- Responsible for all aspects of seeking proposals and related coordination to secure speakers
- Prepares all applications for various CEUs, submits all required documentation, coordinates preparations and distributions of Certificates of Attendance
- Plans publicity, including the design and production of program brochures, collaborates with designer, printer and mail house
- Seeks Sponsors and Exhibitors and builds and maintains relationships with them
- Determines equipment needs; finds and arranges for needed equipment
- Prepares packet of information for presenters, exhibitors, and participants
- Ensures the appropriate people receive notes of thanks, payment, or gifts
Summer Camp and Buddies Program:
- Prepares sponsorship packets; secures new sponsors
- Arranges for the purchase of sponsorship items (water bottles, tee shorts, back packs)
- Oversees promotion on website and through eBlasts
Website and eBlasts:
- Writes articles for website “latest news” as needed (working with Communications)
- Writes articles about Mainstream events for Clarke Connections four times per year
- Supplies text and photos for eBlasts related Mainstream Activities
- Reviews website monthly and notifies Communication and IT if items need to be removed or updated
- Maintains contact with Oticon Sponsor and ensures all agreements are met
- Assists staff in the preparation of handouts, guidebooks, and articles for their work