- Job Description & Reporting Structure Qualifications
Technical Services Administrator reports directly to the Technical Services Manager but will also receive job assignments from the Technical Services Tier-2 Lead.
The Technical Services Administrator is a vital role in the Learn on Demand Systems (LODS) Technical Operations department. This position is completely remote, therefor a qualifying candidate is expected to have a home workspace that includes a private, quiet area for meetings and conference calls and occasional travel (This may include travel outside the US). Technical Services Administrators are responsible for building and managing LODS lab environments using Hyper-V, VMWare and cloud platforms. In addition to preparing client content, Technical Services Administrators function as a Tier-2 support, assisting the LODS Technical Services Support (Tier-1) with advanced lab issues.
- Comfortable working from home and a self-motivator
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and find solutions independently and within a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Clear and professional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Broad technical knowledge of the configuration and management of Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with major cloud provider platforms (Azure/AWS/Google)
- Technology certifications (Windows Server, VMWare, Azure, AWS and Virtualization related especially)
- Usage and understanding of the following Lab on Demand platform aspects:
- Virtual environment set up and maintenance using Hyper-V, VMware, Azure, AWS
- Content creation and management using Markdown
- Understanding of virtual disk management
- Understanding of virtual networking
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively manage ones time in a remote work from home environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
- Build and Maintain LODS Internal Lab Profiles by configuring Virtual Machines, Cloud Services & ancillary documents and resources as needed
- Build and maintain Microsoft Official Curriculum and Microsoft Community courses within provided timeframe
- Build requests and tasks will be provided and managed by Technical Services Administration Lead
- Build External Lab Profiles
- Build client proprietary labs per provided build guides and documentation
- Standup labs per provided lab files sent via LODS FTP or shipped via HDDs within LODS SLA
- Transition client proprietary labs from development series to production series
- Assist with Event Preparation as needed
- Assist with deployment of lab files for large scale events featuring LODS hosted labs
- Opportunities may involve traveling to provide on-site event assistance
- Content Ticket Management
- Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk Support Software
- Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits
- Escalate issues as needed
- Provide timely and excellent customer service
- Content Provider Lab Management Attend Content Provider meetings and work with Content Provider on their build schedules
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact.
Collateral Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lab developer assistance and training
a. Assist clients who have lab developer seats in the Lab on Demand platform on how to build, manage,
and troubleshoot their proprietary labs
b. Occasionally provide Lab on Demand lab developer training for an individual or group.
a. Create and maintain content related documentation for both internal and external use
b. This may include both written guides and demo labs on best practices for lab development, internal errata, fixes
for common issues, etc.